Reflex has finally launched out of Early Access, and with that, Season 1 of competitive play has begun. The launch update also brings Bots, Matchmaking and gameplay improvements, and new cosmetics.
We're very excited to announce that we will be officially launching out of Early Access!
The whole team at Turbo Pixel Studios wants to thank you all for supporting us through the journey of Early Access.
Along with the launch we will be officially starting Reflex Arena's competitive Season 1. The Season will last 3 months and comes complete with leaderboards and downloadable replays available here.
We’ve updated the map pool after taking feedback and pre-season map vote statistics into account.
Aerowalk, The Catalyst, Static Discharge, Ruin, Furnace, Simplicity, Pocket Infinity
The Grave Site, Tephra, Iron Guard, Thermal Blast, Phobos
Sky Temples, Monolith, Suna Station
During the season you will earn competitive points for your wins, which you will then be able to trade for epic gold weapons. You can preview these in-game in the updated Profile section.
Animated Gif 1001.46 KB
We’ve been working on bots behind the scenes for a while and we’re pleased to include them in this release. Check out the bots section under the TRAINING tab or host your own game to play versus them. The bots are targeted towards new players, and also players who wish to practise their aim.
The changelog from the last update to now is available here.
We want to reiterate that launching Reflex Arena out of Early Access is just the beginning. The whole Turbo Pixel team will continue to update, create content, and add new features to the game - we are here for our community, and today we celebrate the 1.0 launch - it’s a beginning, and not the end!
- The Turbo Pixel Team
- Golden weapons now available - these are purchasable with competitive points in the profile menu
- New character parts "Ronin", including legs, arms, chest, head
- New melees: Katana, Tech Katana
- Added arms: Colossal
- Added heads: Jaguar, Owl, Monkey, Hockey, Hog, Cyborg, Roo
- Added jumppad effects to jumppad brushes, subsequently jumppad green surfaces are no longer visible during play
- Training maps have had a quick spit n polish applied
- Updated Ironguard: Isengard off workshop
- Added map Aerowalk
- We've added bots to the game! They are not designed to beat the #1 player in the world, they are designed to practice against.
- You can find bots under TRAINING -> bots.
- You can add bots to your game via PLAY -> Host Game in the menu.
- Alternatively you can use sv_addbot (additional available parameters displayed in console)
- Bots are a first pass and will likely receive future improvements and fixes.
Bots (to map creators):
- To use them in your levels, you can build navmesh with the editor toolbar (or with nav_build), these are saved when maps are saved, and published to workshop when maps are published
- To debug the navigation, you can use nav_debug 1
- Use EntityNavLink's to set up special jumps for bots, you can also help them take jumpads which are not usual trajectory
- note: You'll need to upload your nav to the workshop before people can play bots on your maps!
- Country code length from 2 to 7 chars (sct flag for CrazyAl)
- Can now forfeit in overtime
- r_smaa 1 is now default AA
- screenshotClean will now ignore replay primitive objects (camera spline etc)
- Entity reflection probe position now effects lighting hash (i.e. moving reflection probes will now cause lighting to become invalid)
- Blocked MM if game owner isn't same as logged in steam id (i.e. using family sharing)
- Now receive CP for winning competitive games
- Added Turbo Tuesday! Double CP
- Matchmaking CA / TDM now strictly 4v4
- Updated map pool (see announcement)
- Added team colours to kill feed, in non-team modes own results in kill feed take your primary colour, your kills are highlighted brighter
- Added PickupNotifier widget
- Added FragNotifier widget
- Added TeamHud widget
- ScreenEffects widget: added hurt/damage feedback
- Awards now display for the correct time during replay export.
- Crosshairs.lua updated: added hit feedback (additional drawn (choose from 1 of 7 available), configurable size, end size, intensity, duration), preview displays combined result that will be seen at initial damage dealt
- We've added a UI for the replay editor, including timecode + dropdown to select who you're following
- ESC now works properly in replay editor, with a context-sensitive replay menu
- Spawn system: suicide kills are no-longer random spawn.
- Spawn system: LOS test now much looser (i.e. it won't pass if spawn point is hiding behind a pillar for that instant)
- Changed gconst_grenade_trace_radius_world 1.0 -> 0.5
- Changed gconst_grenade_trace_radius_entities 0.25 -> 0.0
- Fix for crash occuring in client remote console when attempting to format bogus strings
- MatchPicker widget: added clip on author name to prevent long names overhanging map tile
- Fixed issue around "Start" button on menu where it was trying to show an empty hovertext next to it
- Removed sounds heard during load screen
- Game countdown no-longer aborts if someone disconnects in MM games. (I believe this was the cause of behaving players receiving bans - the countdown would stop as opponent has DCd, then they'd DC (rather than wait for the full timeout) which would give them short ban.)
Links: ReflexArena.com, Leaderboards