QuakeCon 2017 dates have been already been announced but just to remind everyone -- it will be held from August 24-27, 2017. The venue has also been changed to Gaylord Texan Resort and Convention Center in Grapevine, Texas, just outside of Dallas. The venue change unfortunately resulted in a slightly reduced capacity for the BYOC space, however, this is a temporary change and will affect only this year's QuakeCon. The 2018 one is supposed to be the largest one ever, and will see QuakeCon return to an early August date.
Speaking of other changes, the one that sticks out the most is the almost unbelievable 50,000 USD in cumulative cash prizes for just the BYOC competition alone. This is the biggest prize pool for any competition in QuakeCon. With such a large BYOC prize pool, we've yet to see just how much money will be thrown at the pro competition(s). There have not announced anything regarding Quake Champions yet.
Last, but not the least, the UAC ticket package got upgraded to UAC Executive VIP Experience. The package includes:
- Select and reserve a guaranteed seat of your choice in the BYOC
- VIP seating upgrade
- Personalized, engraved, illuminated QuakeCon 2017 UAC badge and lanyard
- Express lane fast-pass registration for the BYOC
- Express lane fast-pass to every presentation and public event at QuakeCon
- Limited reserved access seating for all presentations and events
- New for 2017! Membership in our QuakeCon UAC Acolyte program, which includes access to register for next year’s UAC experience before open online registration begins
- New for 2017! Access to new UAC Executive Lounge in the heart of the QuakeCon BYOC, featuring meet-and-greet and signing events with developers.
- New for 2017! Upgrade a QuakeCon attendee registration to join as a +1 for all express-lane and limited access events.